Monday, May 16, 2011

Kristina's Post on her first day

May 16, 2011,
Yesterday was quit an exhausting but exciting day. I was awake for more than 24 hours but it was worth it all. Since this is the first official day of the trip I am interested to see everything that I will learn during this trip. I have already learned so much about the Nicaraguan history and how the country has been influenced by their civil wars and American policies. It is really sad the kind of condition the country is in.

Yesterday when we were driving through Managua, it was kind of an emotional experience for me. There were a lot of kids out trying to do some odd jobs and make some extra money. These kids had to be between the ages of 6 and 12. It was just a very surreal experience to see the poverty you’ve only ever heard of in real life.

On a happier note, I am excited to see what kinds of things I learn today and we are going to the market/mall so that should be interesting. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment