Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Caitlin Dolan's Blog 1 (posted a few days later)


I entered Nicaragua today. It is my first time out of the country and I am a little nervous. I was greeted at the airport by Christine, who is a Witness for Peace worker. She was very nice and so is the drive, Louise. The hostile that we are staying at is nice than I thought it would be. The food is very good and it is is mostly beans and rice accompanied by a fried banana. We also went to the President’s Palace and took a historical tour around the Somoza’s family estate. The estate was ruined by the 1973 earthquake. I found it interesting the number of PDA displays throughout the streets in Nicaragua, as well as the number of children who came up to the van to make a quick dollar. Today was very light and I look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment