Monday, May 16, 2011

Day two

So today is our second day. It some how managed to get hotter today :/ but that is besides the point lol.

Today we talked to banana workers who are fighting a battle against large transnational fruit companies. Hearing their stories and the struggles they are going through is actually really concerning to me. It is difficult for me to deal with the ethical concerns that I have about the whole situation. As I listened to Guillermo speak about the struggles he has faced trying to get justice for his family and community, I thought about all the times I sat at home worry free consuming Dole/and other fruit company products. I know that not eating Dole products will not solve anything but it is just hard for me to think that indirectly I am allowing these companies do these horrible things.

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do about this whole situation but I know something needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment